Too High Amount
Gary Taylor
6-8-20
Following up from the message and response below (which didnt appear in "My Questions" for some reason, hence the delay). My question perhaps needs to be rephrased as I didn't get the response I was looking for.

We get the message "Too high Amount" all day every day when we are trying to create invoices and credit notes. According to Simone M this message appears "If you try to save a Credit Note in which the Quantity or Sum in a row is too high, the message "Too high quantity" or "Too high Amount" (as appropriate) will appear".

This message appears if the Quantity or Sum in row is an insignificant amount ie £5 will still generate the same message!

There must be a system key somewhere that defines what amount is "Too High" and my guess it has been set at Zero since a recent update.

If someone could tell me where this system key is then I can investigate further.

Thank you.

Gary

History:

2020-05-12

Since our recent update to version 8.5 2020-01-07 we seem to have developed a Stop message "Too high Amount" when creating sales invoices and purchase invoices for some very small amounts. It only requires us to click the "OK" button but when you have to do it a few hundred times a day it gets a bit annoying. I have tried the manuals, looked for system keys that might be generating the message but nothing useful.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thank you.

Gary

Simone M.

2020-05-21

Hi Gary,
If you try to save a Credit Note in which the Quantity or Sum in a row is too high, the message "Too high quantity" or "Too high Amount" (as appropriate) will appear.
The "Too high quantity" message will also appear when the Cred. Row field is empty
(i.e. when the Credit Note will update stock and when you have not connected a row to a row in the Invoice being credited).

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Pijus Juodis
6-12-20
Hi,

No, there is no "system key" for Too High Amount.

Regarding Credit Invoices, system will throw you this message in these cases:
1. Your Credit Invoice's total amount is higher than the total amount of the Invoice that is being credited
2. You had the following sequence of actions made:
2.1. Created a Sales Invoice (e.g. total amount = 1000)

2.2. Created a Correction Invoice from this sales invoice. On that Correction Invoice you reduced the amount (e.g. lower quantity or lower price of item, resulting in total amount = 900)
2.3. Created a Credit Note from the original Sales Invoice. This Credit Note will have the amount from the Invoice you just credited (1000).
However, the system will find that there was a Correction Invoice and see that the amount on the Correction Invoice (900) is lower than your newly created Credit Note (1000)

System should never throw an error message about Too High Amount on Sales Invoices in the latest version (2020-06-05), unless you have some HAL customizations

Regarding Purchase Invoices:
1. The message is shown only when you are using Prepayments on the Purchase Invoice. If the total amount of all connected Prepayments exceeds the total amount of the Invoice, the system will show this message

Maybe it would be useful if you could provide the server's log file after you get such error message.

Regards,
HansaWorld
Gary Taylor
6-17-20
Hi,

As requested I have extracted a copy of the Hansa log file at the moment that we encountered another message "Too high Amount"

I have attached a note of the text file line and a screen shot of the Hansa system. I will send the full text file in a moment
Files are pending for approval
Gary Taylor
6-17-20
Log file
Pijus Juodis
6-18-20
Hello,

It seems that the issue is related to the setting Planned Payments in Nominal Ledger.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the record no. 77102 from this setting?
Also, could you attach a screenshot from Invoice no. 191650?

Thank you
Gary Taylor
6-18-20
Hi Pijus

I have attached the requested screen shot. Thank you.

Gary
Pijus Juodis
6-22-20
Hello,

Unfortunately, from testing various scenarios and checking the code, I cannot say what is causing this message in your specific case.

The only way in this case would be to actually use your database to identify this specific issue for you.

This is usually done by our partners, you can contact them directly. You can find the list of our partners in UK here
Gary Taylor
6-22-20
Created byPijus Juodis13:49 22 Jun 2020
Hello, Unfortunately, from testing various scenarios and checking the code, I cannot say what is causing this message in your specific case. The only way in this case would be to actually use your database to identify this specific issue for you. This
Ok, thank you for trying. We are just about to instruct a support partner after a few years without one so I will refer it to them once they are in place.
Kind regards.
Gary Taylor
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Teteruk
Hi Agnieszka, ok, will try to it remove one more time and will Łęt you know if it works. Thank ...
16:14 21 Apr 2024
Monica Amado
Bom dia, Sónia, Por favor efetuar o download e importe o ficheiro em anexo através de: Siste...
11:48 26 Feb 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.