Item List Housekeeping
Dil Hayre
1-16-20
Hi Support,

If we just want current items/products to show on the Items list what's the best way to make sure old items do not appear?

Many thanks,
Dil
Pijus Juodis
1-16-20
Hi,

Item List report does not have this option to specify a period in which an Item has been used.
It is a good improvement point and I will submit a wish to our development about this.

As for now, I can suggest several options:
1. Contact one of our partners to create such functionality using HAL
2. Use Item Statistics report as a workaround, where you can specify period in which an Item has been sold. This will give you a list of Items that have been sold at least once during that period
3. You can use Delete Unused Items maintenance, which will remove all items that have been created but never used at all (in neither of records like Invoices, Goods Receipts, etc.)
4. If you don't have too many Items, you could add classification to all the old items (e.g.: OLD), then, when running Item List report, you could exclude this classification like this: !OLD
This will give you an option to filter out the list of ONLY closed items in the future. Otherwise you can just mark Closed checkbox on the item (and later you could re-open it if you need it)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
HansaWorld
Dil Hayre
1-20-20
Created byPijus Juodis17:31 16 Jan 2020
Hi, Item List report does not have this option to specify a period in which an Item has been used. It is a good improvement point and I will submit a wish to our development about this. As for now, I can suggest several options: 1. Contact one of our pa
Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Your information does help and is useful for the reporting side. If we dont want the item to appear on the Hansa items list, is the only way round that to "delete" the item?

We have closed items but they still appear on the list.

Many thanks,
Dil

Pijus Juodis
1-20-20
Hello,

By list, I assume you mean Items register? In this case, yes, only way is to delete the item (but it is only possible if it has never been used before).

However, closed Item should not appear in any reports by default, also, when pasting Item on, for example, an Invoice, list should not contain closed Items.

Best regards,
HansaWorld
Dil Hayre
1-21-20
Created byPijus Juodis14:56 20 Jan 2020
Hello, By list, I assume you mean Items register? In this case, yes, only way is to delete the item (but it is only possible if it has never been used before). However, closed Item should not appear in any reports by default, also, when pasting Item on,
Hello,

That's great, thank you for clarifying that.

Kind regards,
Dil
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.