Client not working on Windows 10 machine after windows update
Dave Briggs
7-3-19
Hiya,

Got a bit of problem with 2 workstations for a customer. I’ve remoted into them and my findings are the following:

1. They are Windows 10 machines which have just had a recent Windows Update – they’re running Version 7.2 2015-03-12.
2. Since this windows update, Hansaworld won't work and errors each time with a windows message of "Enterprise 7.2 2015-03-12.exe has stopped working" and all we have is a "close the program" option..
3. I created a new installation, removed the Hansa.hdb file and reconnected to the server - this works the first time, but we then quit and try to access Hansa again and it no longer works and errors as before.

4. If we remove the hansa.hdb file, 7 times out of 10 (approx.) it reconnects to the server and we get a login screen, but not always!
5. If we create a brand new installation, it works first time we connect to the server but then won't connect again unless we remove the Hansa.hdb file as above.
6. I've tried the above with compatibility (windows 7) checked and without - the same occurs.
7. I believe it's something to do with antivirus or a firewall that is scanning the drive and not allowing access.
8. We can see when it's going to work as if we double click the executable and we see the "halhob.new" file created, we know it's going to work and we get a login screen - if the "halhob.new" file doesn't get created, we know it's going to error.
9. It's the same when the user accesses e1 Finance from home which makes it sound like a laptop thing rather than a network thing assuming they're accessing the internet through their home network/broadband.

10. The user will make enquiries to their IT team to see what is scanning the folder and to see if it can stop scanning the e1 Finance installation folder and/or get the IT guys to put "wireshark" on the laptop to see what it's doing.
11. The user appears to have full access to the local installation folder so it's not a permission thing I don't believe.

Any ideas or next steps?

Thanks
This answer was correct
Created byBror-Erik09:25 9 July 2019
Morning,

you´re welcome. So the EnNoBo is a file(enabler) with no extension and the content is blank. This file disables the use of windows bonjour service for hansa only. So using this file does no harm in any way. As we know this bonjour service can cause other troubles too with various of programs
Br, Bror-Erik
Bror-Erik
7-4-19
Hello Dave,

so their using an old 7.2 - i would kind of tell them to update their version in the near future, but for the problem at hand

- I know that october update 1809 have caused problems and reverting back to 1803 have corrected the issue. Please check what updates done etc
- You could try and use the enabler "EnNoBo" without the "". So create a file without any extension, only EnNoBo inside the client installation where the hansa.hdb is present and restart client
Br, Bror-Erik
Dave Briggs
7-5-19
Created byBror-Erik09:51 4 July 2019
Hello Dave, so their using an old 7.2 - i would kind of tell them to update their version in the near future, but for the problem at hand - I know that october update 1809 have caused problems and reverting back to 1803 have corrected the issue. Please
Hi Bror-Erik,

Thanks for your reply - useful to know about the 1809 update.
With regard to the Enabler "EnNoBo" - do we create a file (with no extension) with a file name of "EnNoBo" and the contents being blank?
Or do we create a file with a file name of "enabler" (no extension) with the text of "EnNoBo" within the file?
Can you also tell me what this file does please?

Thanks

Best wishes

Dave
This answer was correct
Bror-Erik
7-9-19
Morning,

you´re welcome. So the EnNoBo is a file(enabler) with no extension and the content is blank. This file disables the use of windows bonjour service for hansa only. So using this file does no harm in any way. As we know this bonjour service can cause other troubles too with various of programs
Br, Bror-Erik
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.