can't start ERP on ubuntu 16
moses
4-11-18
Hi all
can someone help, we had power issues and the server shutdown. the ERP can not start giving below error

10:25: 36 last session was not properly terminated

10:25: 38 JOURNAL: error: last sequence in journal (1475721) is before the database sequence (1475722)

[2] Quit (core dumped)

any advise.
This answer was correct
Created byTomas J.11:47 12 Apr 2018
Hello,

./StandardERPServer (path to backup) >> to restore backup
./StandardERPServer --apply-journal >> to apply
The StandardERPServer is executable name which can be different

More info:
http://www.hansaworld.com/en/university/booking/courses/global/HW_SYS

Hansaworld support
Tomas J.
4-11-18
Hello,

Please check the log, if it has "this pointer is outside of..." or similar, than it might be you have a damaged database.

If the power cut was during some data writing to DB than it might be damaged. So you need to restore it from last backup.

Best regards,

Hansaworld support
Tomas J.
4-11-18
Also you can try to move journal file to different location and try to start the server.

If the DB is not damaged, than it should start. If it fails, you need to restore Database from backup and apply journal till 1475720 record.

moses
4-11-18
Created byTomas J.11:57 11 Apr 2018
Hello, Please check the log, if it has "this pointer is outside of..." or similar, than it might be you have a damaged database. If the power cut was during some data writing to DB than it might be damaged. So you need to restore it from last backup.
from the log cant seem to get any damage. if i move the journal i get error. Journal bad file present. attached is the log before the issue occurred and after trying to restart
Files are pending for approval
moses
4-12-18
i had to recreate DB and import data from a txt backup. have lost data for one day.is it possible to apply previous journal to get back lost data for the day? the crash happened before end of day backup.
moses
4-12-18
Created byTomas J.13:38 11 Apr 2018
Also you can try to move journal file to different location and try to start the server. If the DB is not damaged, than it should start. If it fails, you need to restore Database from backup and apply journal till 1475720 record.
how do i apply journal, have any documentation you can share.
This answer was correct
Tomas J.
4-12-18
Hello,

./StandardERPServer (path to backup) >> to restore backup
./StandardERPServer --apply-journal >> to apply
The StandardERPServer is executable name which can be different

More info:
http://www.hansaworld.com/en/university/booking/courses/global/HW_SYS

Hansaworld support
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.