Wrong p-price on items returned to stock via returned goods
Alan
11-22-23
To stop receiving notifications on forum posts unmark the star icon macOS
If I run the item history report and select “Quantities and Values” as a function, I am seeing some discrepancies in the p-price column for items that have been put back in to stock via a returned goods record.

To recreate, load GB Sample data

Enter a sales order for customer 047 for item 10111 qty 2 (make sure paste components is not ticked for item 10111)

Save and then create a delivery for the sales order.

Now from the sales order, create a retuned goods record

Reduce the qty ordered and delivered, make sure update stock is ticked and ok and save

Now check the item history report

You will see that for example, item 10107 has been taken out of stock by the delivery with a p-price of 6.26915, however, it has been put back in stock by the returned goods with a p-price of 62.6915

It seems to all be to do with the fact that item 10111 is a structured item and instead of taking the unit price of component 10107 from its item card, it is picking it from the delivery but using the original total for that item as the p-price

I have tested in the latest version, and the issue is still present.

I have an item in my system that has a recipe of 20,000 grams in and 1 box out.

I now have a returned goods record for 3 boxes which has valued each gram at £304, not 0.052p!!

How do I fix this in my system so my stock history report is correct?
Monica Amado
11-29-23
Hello Alan,

We are analysing it, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Mónica Amado
HansaWorld
Monica Amado
12-1-23
Hello,

This is related to this setting: Stock >> Settings >> Cost Accounting>> checkbox - Original cost of returned goods --> It needs to be ON.

In order for your current stock history report becomes correct, you need to remove all stock of this item using Stock Depreciation
and get it back with correct prices using Goods receipt.

Please let us know if this fixed your problem.

Mónica Amado
HansaWorld
Monica Amado
12-7-23
Good morning,

Any feedback? Were you able to solve the situation?

Mónica Amado
HansaWorld
Alan
12-7-23
Many thanks Monica,
After testing in sample data and comparing the process without and then with the Original cost of returned goods check box ticked, it does indeed seem to have rectified the issue and the correct p-price is used in returned goods.
I will double-check to confirm this is also the case in a demo system using my own backup.

Is there anything else I should be aware of when ticking the Original cost of returned goods check box? Why would this not be checked as standard? What would be the purpose of not ticking this box vs ticking it?

Best regards,
Alan

Monica Amado
12-11-23
Hello Alan,

There is nothing else you should be aware when ticking the Original cost of returned goods check box.
It is customers decision if they want same cost or not on return goods as it was originally sold for. It might be that some customers want current cost in some specific situations, therefore we give a choice during the setup.

Kind regards,
Mónica Amado
HansaWorld
Alan
12-11-23
Thanks Monica,

in this case, is it still not a bug that the p-price for components of a structured item are incorrect on a returned goods record if the Original Cost check box is not ticked?

Basically, if you do not have this box checked and if you create a returned goods record for a structured item, the returned goods record updates the stock qty for the components of the structured item correctly, however, the p-price is incorrect for any component item where there is more than qty 1 used in the recipe. Instead, it multiplies the component cost by the qty in the recipe and uses this as the p-price.
Monica Amado
12-13-23
Hello Alan,

Yes, it is a bug, we have reported it and hopefully we'll have it fixed soon.
Monica Amado
12-13-23
Is there anything else we can help you?
Alan
12-14-23
No, that's all for this issue.
If you could possibly let me know when the bug is fixed, that would be great.

Best regards,
Alan

Alan
12-14-23
Out of interest though, Where else is the value in the sum column on the item history report used?
does it have any impact on anything except the item history report?

Due to this bug, I have a mismatch between the item history report and the stock list report for some items.
Is there a way to correct the item history report?

Best regards,
Alan
Monica Amado
12-20-23
Hello,

If you have a mismatch between the item history report and the stock list report you should contact a partner to help you fix the differences.
Do you have a partner that you can contact? If not, let me know your country to assign one for you to help.
Monica Amado
1-8-24
Hello,
Were you able to contact a partner?

Kind regards,
HansaWorld
Alan
1-10-24
Hi Monica, not yet, but I do have one I can use when I get around to fixing it.

Best regards,
Alan
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I have a new advertising system, Table advertisement android terminal running android 11. I have be...
06:38 25 Apr 2024
Piotr Teteruk
Hi Agnieszka, ok, will try to it remove one more time and will Łęt you know if it works. Thank ...
16:14 21 Apr 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.