HMRC Making Tax Digital
Alan
6-27-18
Hi,

We have just been informed by our accountant that in the next few years there will be new requirements from HMRC for businesses to make quarterly submissions to them via approved accounting software (in addition to the regular VAT returns). The first impact will be the VAT return after 1 April 2019 and subsequently corporation tax submissions are due to follow in 2020. (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-tax-digital/overview-of-making-tax-digital#making-tax-digital-for-business)

Could you tell me what the time line is for Hansa to be compliant with these new requirements?

Many thanks
Alan

This answer was correct
Created byMichael Wyeth11:45 3 July 2019
Hi Alan

You can got to: https://www.hansaworld.com/en/mtd

At the bottom of the screen is a button called "Download your MTD guide". Clicking this button will display a guide to MTD in SERP. This file can then be downloaded.

Best regards,

HansaWorld Support
HansaWorld
6-29-18
Good day Alan,

HansaWorld is aware of the HMRC requirements and we have an integration that will ensure all our UK customers will be able to submit their tax digitally.

As soon as we have released a Standard ERP and Standard Accounts version that is compliant, we will inform all of our UK customers.

Currently, businesses will not be mandated to use the Making tax digital system until April 2019.

HansaWorld would like to try make the transition to the new digital tax system as smooth as possible. At the moment, HMRC keep changing the requirements as they are still busy with their pilot testing programme. As soon as these requirements have become more set, we will then make it available to all our customers.

Kind Regards,
Tayla Anniciello
Lucy Ockleton
11-1-18
Hi Tayla,

With only 5 months to go before MTD goes live, please could you provide us with an update on Hansa's progress?

To date I don't believe anything has been published in terms of your plan so some information would be most reassuring. If indeed I have missed something a link to this would be very helpful.

Many thanks
Lucy
Barry O'Neill
11-6-18
Alan/Lucy,

My apologies for the delay in my response.
Since MTD was announced we have taken measures to ensure that we (our partners and our shared clients) would be in compliance once the MTD paradigm had been coalesced, decided and enacted. We have worked with our legal departments, accounting department and external tax partners - but unfortunately could not commit to a course of action until the Crown explained what they need from us.
This week we feel that sufficient conditions have been declared that we can now respond as a corporation and service provider.

Our primary response will be to ensure compliance within our product(s). And we're comfortable, based on the Crowne's statements, that we can.

Separately we will continue to integrate with external service providers to ensure that our shared customers will have choices.
The Crowne's position may change before the deadline but HansaWorld will remain prepared and committed to being responsive.

Thank you once again,

Barry
Barry O'Neill
11-6-18
Created byBarry O'Neill18:13 6 Nov 2018
Alan/Lucy, My apologies for the delay in my response. Since MTD was announced we have taken measures to ensure that we (our partners and our shared clients) would be in compliance once the MTD paradigm had been coalesced, decided and enacted. We have wo
Sorry Guys,

Just so it's clear ..... if they don't change their minds.
We know how we would prefer to respond to MTD and it won't require external integrations.

B
Lucy Ockleton
11-22-18
Hi Barry

Thank you for this. Would you be able to give an indication of the time frame regarding the upcoming changes planned.
Will you provide access to training for users to submit their VAT returns directly from Hansa to HMRC?
Has consideration been given around manual adjustments such as fuel scale charge and reverse charge accounting?

Many thanks

Lucy
Barry O'Neill
11-28-18
Created byLucy Ockleton15:18 22 Nov 2018
Hi Barry Thank you for this. Would you be able to give an indication of the time frame regarding the upcoming changes planned. Will you provide access to training for users to submit their VAT returns directly from Hansa to HMRC? Has consideration been g
Hi Lucy,
The lates version (2018-10-04) has now been accepted as MTD compliant.
We will be preparing comprehensive training material to support users wishing to submit their VAT returns directly to HMRC but will expect that user specific training will be delivered by our partner network.
Fuel scale charge and reverse charge accounting are both supported.
Hope this addresses your questions.

Let me know if you have other concerns,

Barry
Alan
7-3-19
Created byBarry O'Neill11:07 28 Nov 2018
Hi Lucy, The lates version (2018-10-04) has now been accepted as MTD compliant. We will be preparing comprehensive training material to support users wishing to submit their VAT returns directly to HMRC but will expect that user specific training will be
HI, can you point me in the direction of your training material for this?
Many thanks.
This answer was correct
Michael Wyeth
7-3-19
Created byAlan10:42 3 July 2019
HI, can you point me in the direction of your training material for this? Many thanks.
Hi Alan

You can got to: https://www.hansaworld.com/en/mtd

At the bottom of the screen is a button called "Download your MTD guide". Clicking this button will display a guide to MTD in SERP. This file can then be downloaded.

Best regards,

HansaWorld Support
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.