Purchase orders not being accumulated
Gary Taylor
2019-09-17
Hello, We have just moved from 8.3 to 8.5. Previously newly generated automatic purchase orders would be accumulated onto existing purchase orders. The purchase orders were accumulated until we achieved the minimum order value for that supplier and they were released to the supplier. Since moving to version 8.5 the newly generated automatic purchase orders just generates new purchase orders i.e. they are not added to existing purchase orders.

Does anybody know if this accumulation function is system function that has been turned off when we moved to 8.5 if so where is it or is it a function in 8.3 that is now missing in 8.5?

Thank you.

Gary
Tomas J.
2019-09-18
Hello,

usually functions are not disabled. They might have bugs. Please ask your partner to report a bug, if it's repeatable in latest 8.5. Currently latest released version of 8.5 is 2019-07-15.

Regards,
Hansaworld support
Gary Taylor
2019-09-19
Created byTomas J.10:40 18 Sep 2019
Hello, usually functions are not disabled. They might have bugs. Please ask your partner to report a bug, if it's repeatable in latest 8.5. Currently latest released version of 8.5 is 2019-07-15. Regards, Hansaworld support
We have support with Hansa built into the subscription model. We were happily using ABS but couldn't justify having two support contracts, one with Hansa one with ABS and the Hansa support was not optional.

Do I copy this email to Hansa directly, I thought this forum was Hansa support, I am a little confused.

We are using 8.5 2019-08-28, is this a beta / test version?

Thank you
Tomas J.
2019-09-19
Hello,

support is via forum, but if you need help, you need to specify exact steps you do, and what does not work. and use terminology from SERP.

8.5 2019-08-28 is a beta version and i do not know why did you update to a test version?

Regards,

Hansaworld support
Gary Taylor
2019-11-05
Created byTomas J.10:40 18 Sep 2019
Hello, usually functions are not disabled. They might have bugs. Please ask your partner to report a bug, if it's repeatable in latest 8.5. Currently latest released version of 8.5 is 2019-07-15. Regards, Hansaworld support
We have now moved onto version 8.5 2019-09-15 which we believe is a "release" version rather than the beta version that we had previously. I hope this will resolve many of the issues I raised previously.

One matter that is not resolved is that purchase orders created by the auto order facility are still being generated individually. When we had version 8.3 the purchase orders were accumulated until they reached an economic order level (decided on manually) and then they were released. Currently we have to manually copy and paste from one order to the existing order to create an order that the supplier will process. This lack of accumulation happened when we moved to the Beta version of 8.5 but I guess it should be easy to restore the system flag. I am sure there is a setting that directs Hansa to accumulate the purchase orders but I cannot find it. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Gary Taylor
Michael Wyeth
2019-11-13
Created byGary Taylor17:25 5 Nov 2019
We have now moved onto version 8.5 2019-09-15 which we believe is a "release" version rather than the beta version that we had previously. I hope this will resolve many of the issues I raised previously. One matter that is not resolved is that purchase o
Hi Gary

I’d like to get some more information regarding your purchase orders and the auto order facility.
Please can you provide more detail about the workflow you would use in 8.3 for auto orders?

I.e which options you would take for auto ordering, such as: 
'Create Purchase Orders' Maintenance function in the Purchase Orders module
Or
the 'Create Purchase Orders from Deficiency Stock' Maintenance function.

Once we better understand your previous workflow, we can better assist.

Best regards,

HansaWorld Support
Gary Taylor
2019-11-14
Created byMichael Wyeth14:38 13 Nov 2019
Hi Gary I’d like to get some more information regarding your purchase orders and the auto order facility. Please can you provide more detail about the workflow you would use in 8.3 for auto orders? I.e which options you would take for auto ordering, s
Hi HansaWorld,

To clarify we browse purchase orders, create, purchase orders. This takes us to a screen "Specify Create Purchase Orders" which we run without specifying any group, supplier or location and without ticking any boxes. This can also be reached by Purchase orders: routines : maintenance : Create purchase orders.

In version 8.3 and previous any new orders would have been added to old orders that had not been OK'd. The purchase order for that particular supplier would then include product from the old not OK'd order and the new order. We would then assess the order and release it if it reached the required value or other criteria for that particular supplier.

Since upgrading to version 8.5 the purchase orders have not been amalgamated which has meant that we need to cut and past from one order to another so as to generate a single order that satisfies the requirements of the supplier.

I hope you are able to help here as we deal with thousands of products for hundreds of suppliers and this missing functionality is creating a lot of manual work every day of the week.

Thank you

Gary
Paul Timms
2019-11-14
Hi Gary

I can replicate this. It's behaving as though the "Create new Purchase Order" box is ticked.

Paul
Gary Taylor
2019-11-15
I assume that is not an "undocumented feature" of 8.5 but is rather a bug that will be reported to Hansa and resolved?

Thank you.

Gary
Michael Wyeth
2019-11-19
Hi Gary

You are correct, a bug has been reported and verified. It will be resolved, however I cannot give time frames at this time.

Best Regards,

HansaWorld Support
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.