Hansa Crashing!
Alan
2019-10-31
Hi,

We are currently having some major issues with Hansa repeatedly crashing throughout the day when we are trying to process customer invoices.

The crashes seem to happen in varying ways.

On entering a new invoice with a customer on the phone, staff will start entering a post code or customer number in the 'customer' field which then results in the coloured spinning wheel and having to quit Hansa completely.

Alternatively, when we enter a customer number in the 'customer' field, the resulting search results box will show lines filled with *loading* we then have to quit out of Hansa and restart.

As I'm sure you can imagine having a customer on the phone can be very frustrating when this happens, even more so when it crashes on the same phone call repeatedly, to the point we take the order on Pen and Paper.

We find Hansa crashes more frequently when multiple users are working at the same time, often this results in both users having to restart the system.

We are running on Mac Mini's and I have just updated to the latest version of Standard ERP 8.5 2019-03-22 (85290119) but the issue still prevails.
Can you advise what we can do to fix this?

Best Regards

Alan

Alan
2019-10-31
Correction Standard ERP 8.5 2019-09-15 (85321026)

Alan
2019-11-04
Anyone?
Simone M.
2019-11-05
Hi Alan,
I'm trying to repeat this problem on the same version right now.
I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Regards,
HansaWorld Support
Simone M.
2019-11-05
Hello Alan,
I've tried several times, but I'm not able to reproduce this issue.
If you are still having this problem, please:
- Update to build 85321100 (Soon will be released also a new dated version 2019-11-04)
- Send me the Hansa.log for further analysis.

Regards,
HansaWorld Support
Alan
2019-11-11
Created bySimone M.11:54 5 Nov 2019
Hello Alan, I've tried several times, but I'm not able to reproduce this issue. If you are still having this problem, please: - Update to build 85321100 (Soon will be released also a new dated version 2019-11-04) - Send me the Hansa.log for further analys
Updated to the latest version over the weekend, but crashing is still apparent.
Let me know where I can send my log file for further investigation.

Best regards,
Alan
Simone M.
2019-11-12
Hi Alan,
please attach it here to a post on the forum, or send it to uksupport@hansaworld.com

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Alan
2019-11-12
Attached
Please log in to view the files
Simone M.
2019-11-12
Hi Alan,
I'm not able to repeat and problem and analyzing the log I haven't found any evidence of server crash.
First of all please set the database status to Live mode (Technics>>Settings: Database Status),
and try to use Standard ERP without any HAL Customization.
If then the problem wont't be repeatable anymore,

please contact the partner that made this halcust because it means that the problem is there.

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Alan
2019-11-13
I have switched the database to live now.
It isn't really practical to use our system without HAL as obviously we need the functionality it provides.
Is there a way to get a more detailed log report so we can see any issues that might be present?

Other than that, we could set up a exact copy of our database in a test system and I could then test to see if it is the HAL or not?
Michael Wyeth
2019-11-13
Hi Alan

You can add the parameter "--verbosity=detailed-debug" when running the server executable (or adding it to the parameters in MyStandard) in order to record more information in the log file.

In MyStandard you can also check the the following logs under the "view logs" option:
Timings.log
Hal.log

which can provide more information on any issue experienced with HAL customisations.

Ultimately, running a test server with a backup from your live system and no HAL customisations will yield the most clear idea of whether the HAL customisations are the cause of the crash.

Best Regards,

HansaWorld Support
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
Hello / Witam It looks that you have old app database and sub files still installed. If you want ...
07:53 12 Apr 2024
Monica Amado
Bom dia, Sónia, Por favor efetuar o download e importe o ficheiro em anexo através de: Siste...
11:48 26 Feb 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.