I have noticed that on down payment invoices discounts do not show in the discount field, they have been applied however don't show, also if something has 100% discount they do not show at all, this is causing some confusion with our customers. Is there anyway of them appearing for the customer reference?
This answer was correct
Created byEdwin12:36 6 Feb 2017
I have investigated this further now and the case with the 100% discount seems to be a bug in the system. It has been reported to our development department and we hope to have this issue resolved in a future update. The same thing applies for the discount not being shown in the discount field. Thank you for making us aware of these so that we can try and fix them.
You could remove the discount field from the invoice form as a workaround for the problem until it has been resolved. To do this you can do the following:
1. Go to module Sales ledger -> Forms -> Highlight Invoices -> Click on the cogwheel and select Define Form
2. Highlight INVOICE in the form template field and drill down (cmd + shift + V on Mac or ctrl + shift + V on PC)
3. Now the invoice form template will be open. Click Create -> Duplicate
4. Now click on the cogwheel -> Properties and give the duplicated invoice template a new code and comment (i.e INVOICE_DP)
5. Click OK
6. Remove the discount field from the template and press save.
7. Now go to form definition window as described in step 1
8. On row 2 enter DOWN as the language and then in the form template field you add the new template you just created (INVOICE_DP)
9. Press save.
What has happened now is that you have two invoice forms, the original one with the discount field and the new one without. The one without is connected to the "language" you just created called DOWN. Now if you create a down payment invoice and go to the tab Del. Terms on the invoice you can add DOWN in the language field. That will result in that the invoice in question will use the new form template you just created without a discount field. This is like I said a workaround that you can use to avoid confusing your customers with an empty discount field.