Serial Number already registered
Peter Scott
2019-08-06
We still have the problem I reported last year. When I purchase new stock with a batch n umber, if I already have some of the batch number in stock Hansa won't let me enter more of the same BN, ie it functions more like a serial number.

Paul suggested the solution below but it made no difference.In our case the box wasn't ticked anyway.

We are now working with just one company, using latest version of Hansa. This is driving us crazy.

This answer was correct
Created byPaul Timms17:04 26 Feb 2018
This depends on a tickbox in Stock > Settings > Cost Accounting. If "Cost Price for Serial Number" is ticked, it does not allow receiving the same serial number on multiple goods receipts. If this box is unticked, it will allow you to do this. However, this means that it will not hold the cost per batch, if you buy the same batch at different prices. So you will need to decide which method suits you better.
Pijus Juodis
2019-08-20
Hello,

Can you confirm that the Item you have this problem with has Batch Number tracking enabled?
You can find this on the Item record >> tile Stock >> Serial Number Tracking section.

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Peter Scott
2019-09-16
Created byPijus Juodis09:46 20 Aug 2019
Hello, Can you confirm that the Item you have this problem with has Batch Number tracking enabled? You can find this on the Item record >> tile Stock >> Serial Number Tracking section. Best regards, HansaWorld Support
Yes, all the relevant products have this enabled.
Simone M.
2019-09-17
Hello Peter,
I've tried to repeat the problem, but I cannot.
If I have "Batch Tracking Number" enabled on Item and "Cost Price for Serial Number" disabled, then I can have multiple stock for the same Item on the same batch number.

Which Standard ERP's version do you have? Please provide it, so I can test the same scenario on your version as well.

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.