Persistent Crash on Specific Item Selection
Jake Gillingham
2017-02-13
Hello,

We are currently using Standard ERP v8.3 (Build 83240008), and have a reproducible issue regarding the selection of certain items in our database. It seems to occur with these specific items, and cause great frustrating since it essentially makes the item function a minefield of dead links. I have attached a link to a screenshot of one of the items in question, which will always crash when selected from the items register. One similarity amongst the items which seem to be having the issue, is that each of them has previously had an attached photo assigned to them when running on an older version of Hansaworld (photos haven't been visible since the upgrade).

http://imgur.com/EhBR9Va

Cheers,
Jake Gillingham
This answer was correct
Created byEster J.16:46 9 Jan 2018
Hi,

I'm not familiar with this issue.
I would suggest the best way to go forward is to update your system to the latest released version.

Kind regards,

Ester
Edwin
2017-02-14
Hello Jake,

When you updated did you make sure to copy along the images attached to the items from your previous installation to the new one? It is possible that the system crashes when looking for (and not finding) those images.

Kind regards,

Edwin
HansaWorld Support
Jake Gillingham
2017-02-14
Created byEdwin10:22 14 Feb 2017
Hello Jake, When you updated did you make sure to copy along the images attached to the items from your previous installation to the new one? It is possible that the system crashes when looking for (and not finding) those images. Kind regards, Edwin Ha
Hey Edwin,

During the initial setup of the cloud based system, we exported all the files within the Attach folder on the local server, and sent them to Magnus to set up during the new installation. However these photos/files haven't worked reliably since this transfer was made, so I was hoping there was a way to clear the Attached folder and start from scratch. Ideally we would still like to keep the attached PDF documents on some of our orders, but I assume there may be no way of preserving this files and only deleting the Photos. Let me know what the possible solutions are to rectify this issue, as we can't modify pricing or other fields for these specific items causing us the issues.

Cheers,
Jake Gillingham
HansaWorld support Nordics
2017-02-16
Hi Jake.

Does the issue occur when you open the item record or when pasting the item to another record? Are the images still attached in the paperclip and are you able to open them?

Regards,
Magnus Mork
HansaWorld Support
Jake Gillingham
2017-03-15
Created byHansaWorld support Nordics16:03 16 Feb 2017
Hi Jake. Does the issue occur when you open the item record or when pasting the item to another record? Are the images still attached in the paperclip and are you able to open them? Regards, Magnus Mork HansaWorld Support
Hey Magnus,

This issue occur when opening specific items, or when selecting or searching for an item within the dropdown on a quotation or order. As the client crashes once the item details come up, I am unable to check if an item is attached within the paperclip although the icon seems to be highlight blue (which I assume means extra content is attached).
This answer was correct
Ester J.
2018-01-09
Hi,

I'm not familiar with this issue.
I would suggest the best way to go forward is to update your system to the latest released version.

Kind regards,

Ester
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I have a new advertising system, Table advertisement android terminal running android 11. I have be...
06:38 25 Apr 2024
Piotr Teteruk
Hi Agnieszka, ok, will try to it remove one more time and will Łęt you know if it works. Thank ...
16:14 21 Apr 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.