Why is my Purchase Accrual account not zero?
2016-11-08

When running a Balance Sheet report in the Nominal Ledger module, I noticed that my Purchase Accrual account is not zero.

Why is this?
This answer was correct
Created by10:42 31 May 2013

The Purchase Accrual account in the Nominal Ledger reflects the balance of Goods Received from a Purchase Order, for which a Purchase Invoice has not yet been created.

The procedure is as follows: When stock is received via a Purchase Order, the system creates a Nominal Transaction which Debits Stock and Credits Purchase Accruals.

When an Purchase Invoice is created from the Purchase Order, another Nominal Transaction is created which debits Purchase Accrual and credits Creditors Control.

At this stage the Purchase Accrual account will be zero.

You can see which Purchase Orders have been received but not invoiced by running the Outstanding Purchase Orders report in the Purchase order module, and choosing the correct report options.

HansaWorld Support Team
This answer was correct
2013-05-31

The Purchase Accrual account in the Nominal Ledger reflects the balance of Goods Received from a Purchase Order, for which a Purchase Invoice has not yet been created.

The procedure is as follows: When stock is received via a Purchase Order, the system creates a Nominal Transaction which Debits Stock and Credits Purchase Accruals.

When an Purchase Invoice is created from the Purchase Order, another Nominal Transaction is created which debits Purchase Accrual and credits Creditors Control.

At this stage the Purchase Accrual account will be zero.

You can see which Purchase Orders have been received but not invoiced by running the Outstanding Purchase Orders report in the Purchase order module, and choosing the correct report options.

HansaWorld Support Team
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
Hello / Witam It looks that you have old app database and sub files still installed. If you want ...
07:53 12 Apr 2024
Monica Amado
Bom dia, Sónia, Por favor efetuar o download e importe o ficheiro em anexo através de: Siste...
11:48 26 Feb 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.