How do I correct a General Transaction posted in error?
2016-11-07

I have posted a General Ledger transaction but used the incorrect account number on one of the postings. How do I correct this?
This answer was correct
Created by10:29 13 Mar 2013

To correct an Nominal Ledger transaction, open the transactions via the transaction browse window, the select Operations Menu, option "Update Mark".

You will see that the system inserts your signature on the next free matrix line.

Post the correct account number and amount on the next free line after your signature.

The highlight the incorrect transaction row, by clicking with the mouse on the row number. This will highlight the row in blue.

Then press the "Back Space" key on your keyboard "<----", and the system will draw a red line through the incorrect transaction row.

If you then save this transaction, it will now reflect the corrected nominal accounts.

It is also a good idea to record a note as to why this correction was made. To do this, click on the paperclip Icon, and use Operation "Create Note". Type in some detail which will explain the update to this transaction. This is often required by auditors.

There is a Nominal Ledger report which allows all transactions with update marks to be printed out.

HansaWorld Support Team
This answer was correct
2013-03-13

To correct an Nominal Ledger transaction, open the transactions via the transaction browse window, the select Operations Menu, option "Update Mark".

You will see that the system inserts your signature on the next free matrix line.

Post the correct account number and amount on the next free line after your signature.

The highlight the incorrect transaction row, by clicking with the mouse on the row number. This will highlight the row in blue.

Then press the "Back Space" key on your keyboard "<----", and the system will draw a red line through the incorrect transaction row.

If you then save this transaction, it will now reflect the corrected nominal accounts.

It is also a good idea to record a note as to why this correction was made. To do this, click on the paperclip Icon, and use Operation "Create Note". Type in some detail which will explain the update to this transaction. This is often required by auditors.

There is a Nominal Ledger report which allows all transactions with update marks to be printed out.

HansaWorld Support Team
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.