How do I prevent users from posting transactions in the past or into the future?
2016-11-08

Once my annual audit has been completed, I would like the system to prevent transactions from being posted into a period prior to the completed audit date.

I also want to prevent users from posting into the future.
This answer was correct
Created by14:10 6 Mar 2013

In System>>Settings there is a setting called "Locking". Here you can specify dates for the various transaction registers. It will not be possible to post transactions earlier than the Dates you set here.

This setting also contains a check box named "Disallow creating new records with trans. dates later than current date". Ticking this option allows you to block transactions from being posted in the future.

Note that locking can only be undone (moved to an earlier date) by someone who has the correct Access setting in System>>Settings>>Access Groups.

HansaWorld Support Team
This answer was correct
2013-03-06

In System>>Settings there is a setting called "Locking". Here you can specify dates for the various transaction registers. It will not be possible to post transactions earlier than the Dates you set here.

This setting also contains a check box named "Disallow creating new records with trans. dates later than current date". Ticking this option allows you to block transactions from being posted in the future.

Note that locking can only be undone (moved to an earlier date) by someone who has the correct Access setting in System>>Settings>>Access Groups.

HansaWorld Support Team
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
Hello / Witam It looks that you have old app database and sub files still installed. If you want ...
07:53 12 Apr 2024
Monica Amado
Bom dia, Sónia, Por favor efetuar o download e importe o ficheiro em anexo através de: Siste...
11:48 26 Feb 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.