ODBC driver for Standard
Don Bingham
2016-11-04
I would like to analyze data from Hansa Standard Books 7.2 in Excel/MS SQL. Can anyone direct me to an ODBC driver that I can use for this purpose?

I've seen references to SQL Shadowing as well. Maybe that is a solution for this problem? If so, can anyone explain how to set up?
Paul Timms
2016-02-26
Hi Don

I'm fairly certain that Books does not have the ability to connect to SQL, you would need the full Standard ERP package and subscribe to the SQL licence. There is not an ODBC driver which links into HansaWorld's products, however in the latest versions of Standard ERP there is a REST API which allows web queries from external systems (e.g. Excel) to pull in data.

Regards

Paul Timms
IT System Integrators Ltd
Don Bingham
2016-02-26
Thanks for the information. I'm new to HansaWorld, and it is surprising to me that there isn't a better way to extract data for more complicated analysis/reporting that the system provides for out of the box. Is there any plug-in or third party tool that provides access to raw data?
Paul Timms
2016-03-04
Hi Don

The simple answer is no. The methods of extracting data are:
- Manual reports/exports
- SQL Shadowing
- API using web calls

However the smaller Books and Standard Accounts packages are limited to the first option only.

Regards

Paul
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.