Reporting on Suppliers Items
Nick Claxson
7-22-20
Morning

We need to run a number of reports for our suppliers on the items we sell. They require to know the value and quantity we have sold on certain manufacturers and also model. Therefore can we insert the make and model onto a record somewhere so we can run a report on it ?
Richard Saunders
7-24-20
Hi Nick,

Yes, it is possible to add make and model information to an item to be pulled in a report.

While there is no dedicated field for this yet, you can add manufacturer names and model names as separate tags to the "Tags/Objects" field on the item card.

This will allow you to classify items by certain manufacturers and models (added as tags). This will also allow you to run an Item List report and specify the chosen tags in the Item Classification field in the report specification window.(Shown in attachment) This will return a list of items, only containing your tags for your makes and models.

If you would like to add these fields to Item cards, I can also create a wish for our development team to review so that it could potentially end up in future versions of the product.

Kind Regards,

Richard Saunders

Product Manager - Hansaworld
Richard Saunders
7-24-20
Created byRichard Saunders16:37 24 July 2020
Hi Nick, Yes, it is possible to add make and model information to an item to be pulled in a report. While there is no dedicated field for this yet, you can add manufacturer names and model names as separate tags to the "Tags/Objects" field on the item
Also - I would just like to add, that you can make it mandatory that certain tags/objects are captured against items.
Nick Claxson
7-26-20
Created byRichard Saunders16:37 24 July 2020
Hi Nick, Yes, it is possible to add make and model information to an item to be pulled in a report. While there is no dedicated field for this yet, you can add manufacturer names and model names as separate tags to the "Tags/Objects" field on the item
Hi Richard

Very helpful - thank you.

If we could add it to the development wish list that would be extremely useful I would imagine for the majority of your users. It is often a business needs to recognize how many manufacturer items are being sold and to break it down into the models from that manufacturer.

We have to undertake a large exercise to add these records so if this was to be added soon then please let us know and we will wait rather than pay for the exercise twice.

Many thanks
Nick
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.