Accounting Period
7-29-19

Hi,

This is related to my previous question about accounting period in Hasa as it wasnt answered properly and the thread was closed.

My question is:

Is it possible to change the account period for reports such as Trial balance and Profit & Loss
? What i mean is the accumulated figures that is being calculated in the system is based on Financial year July-June, however, our company go by calendar months Jan-Dec . So we want the accumulated figures to be calculated based on Jan-Dec. (my question is not related to how to make short cut which is General Ledger>setting>Reporting Periods )

What would be the impact of changing accounting period in Hansa, it sound too dangerous to change accounting period in the system as we are not sure of potential problems.

Please advise. Thanks for your time.
Files are pending for approval
Pijus Juodis
8-1-19
Hi,

Let me rephrase you to make sure I understand correctly.

1. You are referring to a setting called Fiscal Years in Nominal Ledger module, correct?
Accumulated amounts are based on the financial year, or in this case - Fiscal Years setting as well, so you are correct.

2. Do you mean that your Fiscal Year setting is not correct and that your actual Financial Year is the calendar year?

3. OR do you want to say that the problem is ONLY when you want to see the accumulated figures?

Thank you,
HansaWorld support

8-12-19
Created byPijus Juodis13:02 1 Aug 2019
Hi, Let me rephrase you to make sure I understand correctly. 1. You are referring to a setting called Fiscal Years in Nominal Ledger module, correct? Accumulated amounts are based on the financial year, or in this case - Fiscal Years setting as well, so
Hi Pijus,

Thanks for your response. sorry for the late reply.

Yes, what i am referring to is related to Fiscal year.

Fiscal years in Hansa is set up correctly.it goes by July to June (Financial year) as we are in Australia.

The problem is where our company is operate on calendar year Jan - Dec. When we need to download reports like trial balance, profit&loss and balance sheet from Hansa to do month end closing accumulated figures are based on Fiscal year setting so July to June. Hence, we have to do manually adjustment to Hansa report and it is to time consuming. Therefore, i am just wondering is there a way for us to force accumulated figures to calculate by calendar months?

i am not sure changing Fiscal year in the setting is an option? Even if it is an option, i dont know how would it affect existing information in the Hansa? We have using Hansa for more that 10 years so I am thinking changing Fiscal year in setting will have seriously consequences.

Hope i am making sense. Sorry for asking too many questions. Thanks for your time.
Pijus Juodis
8-20-19
Hello,

As far as I know, the only option in this case would be to actually change the Fiscal Years setting.
In short, it should be a 4 step process:
1. Export the current Fiscal Years setting
2. Change the values in the exported file to match the calendar years
3. Import the setting back to the system
4. Perform an export/import procedure

However, as you said, this is a serious change and the best would be to trust it to professionals. Otherwise you will be doing this at your own risk.

If you need some assistance from professionals, I suggest you contact one of the companies from this list.

Best regards,
HansaWorld support
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Teteruk
Hi Agnieszka, ok, will try to it remove one more time and will Łęt you know if it works. Thank ...
16:14 21 Apr 2024
Monica Amado
Bom dia, Sónia, Por favor efetuar o download e importe o ficheiro em anexo através de: Siste...
11:48 26 Feb 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.