Serial Number already registered
Peter Scott
1-30-18
We have encountered a problem, in entering a routine purchase order, the item is from the same batch as one previously and the system wont let us enter it flashing up a box with 'Serial Number already registered'. We do this routinely, often receiving a batch again, and this has worked for this item before. I think we've seen this behaviour before, usually associated with wrong expiry date, but I've checked everything and cant vsee an error.

We are still on 8.2 2016-10-29
This answer was correct
Created byPaul Timms17:04 26 Feb 2018
This depends on a tickbox in Stock > Settings > Cost Accounting. If "Cost Price for Serial Number" is ticked, it does not allow receiving the same serial number on multiple goods receipts. If this box is unticked, it will allow you to do this. However, this means that it will not hold the cost per batch, if you buy the same batch at different prices. So you will need to decide which method suits you better.
This answer was useful
Peter Scott
1-30-18
Apologies I meant to upload the screenshot
Tomas J.
2-21-18
Hello,

we can't help with that as it's your specific data involved.

More about batch settings can be found here:
http://www.hansamanuals.com/main/manuals/mailnumber___3166/theconf___501/hwconvindex.htm

We would advice to contact a partner who could look into your data.

Partner list can be found here:

http://www.hansaworld.com/en/partners2/overview

Hansaworld support
This answer was correct
Paul Timms
2-26-18
This depends on a tickbox in Stock > Settings > Cost Accounting. If "Cost Price for Serial Number" is ticked, it does not allow receiving the same serial number on multiple goods receipts. If this box is unticked, it will allow you to do this. However, this means that it will not hold the cost per batch, if you buy the same batch at different prices. So you will need to decide which method suits you better.
Peter Scott
2-28-18
Created byPeter Scott16:35 30 Jan 2018
Apologies I meant to upload the screenshot
Paul Thanks for the pointer. I looked at this setting but it isn't ticked, there were differences between my companies in a couple of other settings so I have standardised and simplified. I will see what happens now.
Peter
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
Hello / Witam It looks that you have old app database and sub files still installed. If you want ...
07:53 12 Apr 2024
Monica Amado
Bom dia, Sónia, Por favor efetuar o download e importe o ficheiro em anexo através de: Siste...
11:48 26 Feb 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.