merging
Melanie
11-4-16
How can I merge 2 customers without losing any information on either contact?
This answer was correct
Created byMartins Ebersteins15:23 9 Oct 2015
Dear Melanie,

If two contact cards were created for the same contact by mistake and only one is required, the usual process is to:
1) manually fill all the relevant fields in one of those cards, so that one card would contain all the information in the contact card;
2) use System module -> Settings -> Conversions - Contacts and Conversions - Master to merge the not required contact with the required one for proper history purpose.
This will required database export and import procedure though, so most often just one of both contacts is closed...

Best regards,
Eberstein Business Solutions
Paul Timms
10-9-15
Hi Melanie

Could you explain exactly what you mean by not losing any information on either contact? The contact record has a set of fields, and these can only contain information relating to one contact.

Regards

Paul
This answer was correct
Martins Ebersteins
10-9-15
Dear Melanie,

If two contact cards were created for the same contact by mistake and only one is required, the usual process is to:
1) manually fill all the relevant fields in one of those cards, so that one card would contain all the information in the contact card;
2) use System module -> Settings -> Conversions - Contacts and Conversions - Master to merge the not required contact with the required one for proper history purpose.
This will required database export and import procedure though, so most often just one of both contacts is closed...

Best regards,
Eberstein Business Solutions
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.