Re: How to delete a customer or supplier?
Paul Timms
11-30-15
Hi David

The only way to archive them would be to merge all the old codes into one "archive" customer code. Doing this would effectively run a "find and replace" in your whole database. For example, if you wanted to convert customers 1001, 1002, and 1003 to new code 9999, it would find these customer codes anywhere in your database and change them to 9999. This includes on quotations, orders, deliveries, invoices, activities etc. so you would need to keep a copy of your system before you did this, so you can still access the historical data.

One question I have is, what is being slowed down by having all these customers? If they are closed they will not appear in reports unless you specifically choose to include closed customers. Nor do they appear in the Paste Customer window. How are users searching for customers?

Regards

Paul Timms
IT System Integrators Ltd
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Latest Posts
Piotr Teteruk
Hello, Remove all files connected to prevoius version but stilo hale same info. Installation id ...
16:34 29 Apr 2024
I have a new advertising system, Table advertisement android terminal running android 11. I have be...
06:38 25 Apr 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.