Data extraction, change and reimport
Gary Taylor
2019-09-18
Hello, I have a stock database of around 5000 products. For all sorts of reasons we seem to have a few different default costing methods. I would like to extract all of the stock data, change the costing method to Average Cost and reimport the updated file.

I have done this a number of times in the past but not recently. We are now using version 8.5. I will be using the integration module to extract the data, excel to make the changes to the costing method and word to cleanse the data of all the anomalies that excel introduces. Can someone provide a help sheet or similar as to how to reimport the amended data.

Thank you.

Gary Taylor
Tomas J.
2019-09-18
Hello,

We would recommend to order consulting from partner to make sure all is done correct as stock is sensitive topic and you can destroy all easily.
Despite that - you should write off all stock. After that you should set up correct method and create goods receipt for those items.

Regards,

Hansaworld support
Gary Taylor
2019-09-19
Created byTomas J.11:03 18 Sep 2019
Hello, We would recommend to order consulting from partner to make sure all is done correct as stock is sensitive topic and you can destroy all easily. Despite that - you should write off all stock. After that you should set up correct method and create
I have been using Hansa longer than anybody in the UK. We were the first installation of Hansa in the UK which was a very bumpy ride indeed.

I have extracted data, imported customer, supplier and stock data multiple times. Over a period of a week I have also created and generated all of the data files from a live version to create a new operational copy of Hansa, I don't have a problem with the associated risks, I can mitigate these.

All I really need is the code changes that will ensure the file I present will over write the live data and just a help sheet or note to make sure I am following protocol.

If you would prefer to advise this off line please email me: gary@weldmet.co.uk

Thank you.
Tomas J.
2019-09-19
Hello,

this is consulting, and we do not do it.
We do not provide any technical white papers or spreadsheets to customers. Only partners have this option.
You can use freely available source www.hansamanuals.com.
Also Hansaworld doesn't do consulting, as it's partners.

Hansaworld support.
This thread has been closed for further comments. Please create a new thread
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
Hello / Witam It looks that you have old app database and sub files still installed. If you want ...
07:53 12 Apr 2024
Monica Amado
Bom dia, Sónia, Por favor efetuar o download e importe o ficheiro em anexo através de: Siste...
11:48 26 Feb 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.