How to delete a customer or supplier?
Tommy Olsson
2016-11-04
Hi!
How can I delete an old supplier or customer among my contacts in FirstOffice Start 5.2?
When trying to do so with an old non existing customer or supplier it says "This customer/supplier can not be deleted".

/Tommy Olsson
This answer was correct
Created byHansaWorld14:12 15 Jun 2015
Hello Tommy,

This is a quite old version, it might not be possible to mark the contact as Closed in this version.

We would advise you think about upgrading to Standard Accounts or Standard ERP soon, amongst many new features you will have such checkbox there. Please contact our sales to get a quotation for one of these new systems.

HansaWorld Support Team
HansaWorld
2015-06-11
Hello

If the contact has invoices already created or other records that are related to stock, then we don't advise you to delete the contact.

in this situation you should rather mark the contact as closed, activating the "Closed" checkbox that is on that customer or suppliers contact card.

Kind Regards
HansaWorld Support Team
Tommy Olsson
2015-06-12
Thanks for your reply.
But I cant find any "Closed" checkbox anywhere on the contact card.
(FirstOffice Start 5.2)

Best regards,
Tommy
This answer was correct
HansaWorld
2015-06-15
Hello Tommy,

This is a quite old version, it might not be possible to mark the contact as Closed in this version.

We would advise you think about upgrading to Standard Accounts or Standard ERP soon, amongst many new features you will have such checkbox there. Please contact our sales to get a quotation for one of these new systems.

HansaWorld Support Team
David
2015-11-26
Hi,

Is it possible to hide or archive closed customers?

We have tens of thousands of customers who are no longer active and that are slowing everything down. We don't want to delete them however is there any way to stop them appearing in lists and affecting searches?

Thanks
Paul Timms
2015-11-30
Hi David

The only way to archive them would be to merge all the old codes into one "archive" customer code. Doing this would effectively run a "find and replace" in your whole database. For example, if you wanted to convert customers 1001, 1002, and 1003 to new code 9999, it would find these customer codes anywhere in your database and change them to 9999. This includes on quotations, orders, deliveries, invoices, activities etc. so you would need to keep a copy of your system before you did this, so you can still access the historical data.

One question I have is, what is being slowed down by having all these customers? If they are closed they will not appear in reports unless you specifically choose to include closed customers. Nor do they appear in the Paste Customer window. How are users searching for customers?

Regards

Paul Timms
IT System Integrators Ltd
Back to the list
Latest Posts
I need direction, materials and any relevant information that can get me started in learning HAL....
10:45 25 Mar 2024
Bom dia Venho por este meio solicitar resolução para um problema que estamos a nos deparar com o Ha...
10:43 15 Mar 2024
You can subscribe to notifications for any post in this forum by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the topics list. You have to log in to use this functionality.